10 Coaches' Children Scholarship Winners Named
Ten Coaches’ Children Scholarship winners for 2011-12 have been selected by the Scholarship Committee of the Alabama High School Athletic Directors & Coaches Association (AHSADCA), according to Director Alvin Briggs.
The $1,000 need-based scholarships, presented for the fifth year by the coaches group, are being awarded to college-bound students whose parents are active members of the AHSADCA. The scholarships will be presented to the graduating seniors July 13 at the Championship Awards Banquet during the AHSAA All-Star Sports Week and Summer Conference in Montgomery.
“We are delighted that we are able to provide this service from our Association to our member coaches and athletic directors,” Briggs said. “We can’t thank our coaches enough for the sacrifices they make as a teachers and coaches. Their families also sacrifice so much. This is one way the AHSADCA can show its appreciation and help the children at the same time.”
The winners are:
· Catherine Shipp, Davidson High School (District 1)
· Courtney Nicole Douglas, Red Level High School (District 2)
· Kimberly Kay Hines, Benjamin Russell High School (District 4)
· Robert Bagwell, Spain Park High School (District 5)
· Trevor Scott Ford, Piedmont High School (District 6)
· Victoria Williamson, Talladega High School (District 6)
· Ashlyn Lane, Sylacauga High School (District 6)
· Grace Newton, Lauderdale County High School (District 7)
· Ethan Pharr, Vina High School (District 7)
· Hallie Miller, Hartselle High School (District 8)